Comfort On-Screen Keyboard (Multilingual) is an application displaying a unique virtual keyboard on the screen and allowing you use the mouse pointer or the touch-screen to type the way you do it with the hardware keyboard.
Ideal for using on Ultra-Mobile PC, Tablet PC, Panel PC and kiosk.
Comfort On-Screen Keyboard supports all characteristics of the regular keyboard and has additional advantages:
* Word autocomplete function completes words you are typing on the on-screen keyboard.
* Gestures function support (fast entering of capital letters, spaces, etc.).
* Auto-repeat function (when a key is pressed and held, virtual desktop keyboard enters and continues to enter the appropriate symbol at regular intervals until the key is released).
* Quick switching between languages (when you use more than one language layout).
* Displaying the icons of shortcuts of Windows® and popular applications.
* Displaying characters actually typed in any language, which allows you to type text without a localized keyboard.
* Customizing on-screen keyboard look (the position, size and number of keys, the color and the skin) with the possibility to select it from a large number of available templates (without having to buy a new keyboard)
* Color areas for fingers (if necessary) in case you learn to touch type. It is convenient because when you press a key, you can see it pressed on the onscreen keyboard!
Comfort On-Screen Keyboard can also help people who do not know how to type. Keyboard on the touch screen will help you control the process of typing without moving your eyes from the keyboard to the monitor and back all the time. It will decrease the strain on your eyes and neck and, as a result, will help you avoid headaches.
Comfort On-Screen Keyboard is convenient to use as a shortcut reference for applications. Having a visual shortcut reference at hand, you will be able to use the keyboard more effectively and considerably speed up your work.
! Comfort On-Screen Keyboard is also available as part of Comfort Keys which also includes Comfort Clipboard and Comfort Typing.
It is completely compatible with Microsoft Windows Vista, XP and 2000.
Comfort On-Screen Keyboard 4.0 released
Changes in this version:
+ Added Windows 7 support.
+ Added native support for Windows 7 multitouch. Touch input is available with 255 touch points. (Pro Edition)
+ Added new keyboard types: MiniUnspaced, Standard3 (without NumPad), TouchGame1, TouchGame2. (Pro Edition)
+ Added an ability to close the keyboard if the "Show the on-screen keyboard next to the text cursor" option is enabled.
* The number of simultaneously supported languages has been increased to 30. (Pro Edition)
+ Added support of PNG images in the keyboard editing mode.
+ Added new parameters for confirming the addition of words to the custom dictionary: Disappearance delay, confirmation with a hotkey. (Pro Edition)
+ Added an ability to download dictionaries directly from the program. (Pro Edition)
* When the screen resolution is changed, the keyboard stays in the same corner of the screen it was before.
+ Added a new command line parameter -SHOWKEYBOARD (forcibly show the on-screen keyboard when the program is started).
+ Added a new command to the context menu that brings up the language and text input services dialog.
+ Added an ability to dock the keyboard to the top or bottom of the screen while decreasing the size of the desktop.
+ Added a new option: "Show symbols accessible via Shift when Shift is not pressed and font is not large".
+ Added new parameters for the word autocompletion feature: "Auto Hide", "Show, hide and move with the on-screen keyboard", "Lock", "Confirm with a key". (Pro Edition)
+ Added a new parameter for the keyboard icon: "Hide when the keyboard is visible".
+ Added the language parameter to autocompletion dictionaries. Dictionaries are activated depending on the currently selected system language.
+ Added an ability to change the size of the keyboard without the need to edit it.
+ Added new settings for the on-screen keyboard: "Fit to the screen width", "Fit to the screen height".
+ Added a new parameter "Mouse pointer" for the onscreen keyboard: Standard (Arrow), Hand and Invisible.
+ Added a new interface setting: "Show buttons in the caption".
+ Added an ability to configure the folder with autocompletion dictionaries.
+ Added hotkey icons for Windows 7.
+ Added new parameters for the on-screen keyboard:
Enable key repeat;
Hold down key until Shift, Ctrl, Alt and Win is pressed;
Set capital after the specified character;
Delete a space before specified characters;
Add a space after specified characters;
Add a space before specified characters.
* When the default settings are applied, the keyboard is moved to the bottom right corner of the screen.
+ Added flags for Croatian and Bosnian languages.
- Fixed a minor bug: Text entry from the on-screen keyboard did not work in Microsoft Works, Eclipse IDE.
- Fixed a minor bug: The input language could not be switched in IBM Lotus Symphony v.1.3.0.
- Fixed a bug with processing apostrophes in autocompletion dictionaries. (Pro Edition)
- Fixed a bug: The program did not start automatically in Windows Vista/7 with UAC enabled.
- Fixed a bug: Removed flicking when used option "Show On-Screen Keyboard when the text cursor is visible".
- Fixed a bug: The keys for the numbers 5-9 and 0 in the United States Dvorak for Left Hand keyboard were missing.
- Fixed a bug: If you right-click on a key and accidentally drag the mouse off the key, the menu will pop up and keep the key pressed making an error noise at the same time.
- Fixed a bug: When the keyboard view was set using the WM_COPYDATA command, it wasn't restored after the system restart.
- Fixed a bug: When the "Show the on-screen keyboard next to the text cursor" setting was enabled, the keyboard was not shown at Windows start up.
* Some other enhancements.
Size: 4.14 MB